Anyone who’s close to me knows how much I love my birthday. 3 May is the most important day in my life. It’s never about the gifts , maybe a little bit about the attention but mostly it’s because I am grateful for the gift of life.
The 3rd of May 2017 marked my 24th birthday, and today I celebrate my 25th. The 24th year could have been the most challenging for me. Maybe it is because I am now an adult, I am slowly learning the ropes of life, and understanding that life is not one smooth road, there are obstacles.
I have learnt a lot from the ups and downs and I thought I could share my 25 lessons which I hope will also help me through life.
- When faced with whatever situation, whether in happy or sad times, pray. God always has an answer.
- When you think of calling, texting or visiting someone, do it. You might never get the chance.
- Be true to yourself always, never fake who you are just to fit in.
- You can never trust anyone completely, people change when they meet new people, especially when they fall in love.
- When someone comes to you with their relationship problem, don’t be the one to tell them to leave, just be a shoulder to cry on.
- Do not let anyone dictate how your life goes, you only live once, do what you only love.
- Be a risk taker, don’t get too comfortable in the same position, explore new avenues.
- Be nice to everyone you meet, you never know how much your smile can change someone’s life.
- No matter how close you are to someone, if they offer you a job, sign a contract.
- Don’t depend on one source of income, have something that complements your salary, even the smallest thing can make a difference.
- Try new things. No matter how old you are, learn new things.
- When you are going with your plans and someone thinks you should have taken another route, don’t mind them, tell them to take that route instead.
- Whenever you feel like crying, cry your heart out, don’t be afraid of being called weak.
- Do not compare your life to other people’s lives. You are completely different, we achieve different things at different points in life.
- Whatever you have achieved to date, remember you can do better.
- Don’t be hurt by friends who leave your life, they were never meant to be your friends.
- Whenever there is gossip, be the first to walk away.
- Any discussion that doesn’t benefit you is worthless, go read a book.
- You can never please the whole world. Do what you can for others and what you can’t, leave.
- The most important person in this life is you, take care of yourself.
- Don’t be too expectant, expectations lead to disappointments.
- Laugh as much as you can.
- Surround yourself with people who make you happy.
- Celebrate your birthday in any way you want to. Make as much noise as you can about it. It’s your day!
HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY TO MYSELF, I HOPE AND PRAY I WILL BECOME SOMEONE’S INSPIRATION IN THIS JOURNEY CALLED LIFE.